And if you find my tutorials useful, please forward/share to friends in the community who can also benefit from it. Thank You! <3
Article by Asheville Hoop Dance Guru Sarah Jordan. Sarah helps women worldwide turn their passion for hoop dance into a successful business. Get your free “10 Hooping Hacks To Benefit You Forever” and “Hoop Ballet 101” here.
For creating The Path To Performing: The Art Of Professional Entertainment online course, the pressure is on because I have a very tight deadline (finish before I move! and finish filming before Adelaide goes on vacation!)
This time, I am working around not just my work schedule but Adelaide’s schedule too.
And of course Chad’s schedule. When he was at a VR meetup, I filmed the makeup portion with Adelaide and our friends as models…I’m slower than Chad because he’s the pro. We filmed til 3am. I don’t even think I showered that day. Oops.
Here’s a very quick run-down of the making of The Path To Performing.
1) I wrote the content for the course, on paper…old school style. I did this 2 years ago and put it on the back burner.
2) I met Adelaide when I moved to San Diego in August 2014. We had much in common: dancing, rapping & performing. I asked Adelaide in January 2015 if she wanted to co-create the course with me. After she said yes, we re-wrote the content and integrated her sections into the course. It was a 4 month process.
3) We finally set a date for filming! Yay!
4) Filming took 3x as long as we anticipated. We stayed flexible and committed, working around the clock to get done filming before June 1st.
5) Chad has been editing after work. Once the videos are approved, I integrate them into the membership website I’ve built. It’s a labor of love
6) I’m pre-announcing this course, like a movie, by sharing photos, videos and other tidbits onsocial media.
7) I’m “hibernating” and turning down social invites until I can finish the course.
8) I’m providing value…in fact, I’ll be sharing at least 3 videos (for free) from the course: “How do you know you’re ready to perform”, “The benefits of being a performer” and a “Performance Makeup Tutorial.” Want me to email them to you when they’re done? Click here.