How to be a Sponsored Hooper
What is a Sponsor?
A Sponsor gives you free stuff in exchange for exposure and promotion to your customers and fans.
There are different types of sponsorships such as straight up sponsors, cross promotions and paid product placements.
What’s In it for Sponsors?
Sponsors might have a huge audience, but it’s a different audience than yours. In order to reach as many people as possible, they may want to give sponsorees stuff to promote.
What Sponsors REALLY Want
Sponsors want the attention of raving fans. Are you a hoop dance teacher who teaches a new class every week? Sponsors might be dying to get in front of your audience!
How do I know? Because that’s how I got my sponsorships. That’s how several of my students got theirs too. Want to become a hoop dance teacher? Click here.
Why Am I Qualified to Teach You About This?
I’m sponsored by M. Newman Designs and Larabar. I’m an award-winning hooping business guru with years of professional experience under my belt.
How to Increase Your Chances of Becoming a Sponsored Hoop Dancer
1) Research the people behind the company. Don’t just blindly pitch.
2) Fill out my super helpful “Sponsor Yo’Self PDF” that I will send you for free via email here. (If you are already in my hoop posse, you already got the PDF.)
3) When you reach out to people, show how you can help them. Don’t just send an email asking for free stuff or they will want reach through the computer screen and slap you after they read your moochy email.
4) Think outside the hula hoop. Be different in your approach! Don’t just reach out to hooping companies. That’s how I landed Lara Bar!
5) Don’t be a copy cat: If someone you know if sponsored by Poop Hoops, don’t reach out to Poop Hoops. They don’t want a billion emails. (I just made up Poop Hoops, he he).
The Most Important Take Away:
Show what’s in it for them. Don’t be moochy. Be helpful. Did you like this video? Were you able to get a sponsorship after applying what you learned? Tell me all about it in the comments.